POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position supports IRCM systems engineering efforts as well as the development of IRCM requirements techniques using expendables and infrared countermeasures laser jammers to be used against conventional and advanced IR Missile Seekers. The position will require the use of both hardware (optical lab testing with advanced IR missiles) and software testing (modeling and simulation of IRCM and missile trackers) for requirements determination.
Working with a small, multi-disciplined and technically ambitious team, this position will work on projects end-to-end – from foreign threat exploitation to the development of advanced countermeasure concepts through laboratory, ground and flight test and evaluation events. The ability to communicate results and generate new research ideas is important to the position
Candidates for this position should have prior experience with the design, development, test, and/or analysis of optical / electro-optical systems. Additionally computer skills are very important.
Desired background includes:
- Working knowledge of IR technology and IR Countermeasures
- Previous experience in computer programming and modeling and simulation.
- Experience in IR acquisition and track algorithms to include:
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design
- Program Experience in Embedded/Realtime C/C++
- Practical experience with EO/IR system development a plus
- Digital image processing
- Digital Signal Processing engineering, or physics with a research specialty in laser related research or optics. US citizenship required – active secret level security clearance required.
- MATLAB/Simulink, LabView, C/C++
- Optical modeling to include Synopsys Code V and/or Breault Research
Required: BS through PHD in Electrical Engineering, optical