- Review and approval of Government Contractor System Safety plans and analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-882E (PHL, PHA, FHA, SAR, SRHA, SSHA, SHA, O&SHA, SoSHA )
- Perform and Conduct Software System Safety Analysis in accordance with Joint Software System Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH) and Allied Ordnance Publication (AOP) 52.
- Conduct safety risk assessment and develop recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Provide safety support at TIMs, Audits, Design Reviews, SSWGs etc..
- Provide safety evidence in support flight clearance process
Position requires a clearance or ability to be cleared
- Basic Qualifications:
BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or higher
- 10 years’ experience require
- Master of Science/Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years’ experience required
- Experience with the conduct of detailed software safety analyses in accordance with Joint System Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH) and IEEE 1228.
- Working knowledge of software life cycles processes (IEEE 12207, RTCA/DO-178B/C, RTCA/DO-254, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Avionics systems operation and architectures.
- Working knowledge of Military and Civil Certification process (MIL-STD-882, ARP4761, etc.)
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and team skills