Must be U.S. Citizen
Bachelors of Science in Cybersecurity, Information Security & Assurance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP) highly regarded.
- Eight (8) years' experience in the design, development, and assessment of systems security design and application of Information Assurance (IA) or Cybersecurity configuration and vulnerability identification and analysis.
- Experience in test and evaluation of aviation related systems.
- Experience with the identification and resolution of Critical Operational Issues, including identification of measures of effectiveness and measures of suitability.
- Proven ability to conduct efficient analysis and correlate data using appropriate statistical techniques to determine operational effectiveness, suitability and mission relation/relevance, impact, and critical operational issues.
- Ability to document the results of the analysis in an understandable manner for Flag/General Officer and Senior DoD Civilian decision makers.
- Experience with the design, resourcing, implementation and operation of big data assessment capability to support post-event data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting for major Navy cyber exercises.
- Experience collaborating closely with Navy and other DoD cyber organizations in planning, resourcing, scheduling and approving exercise attack scenarios based on current and relevant threats.
- Experience with planning and supporting exercise, experiment, insertion, test, or assessment, to include facilitation of external stakeholder participants (e.g., national labs, red teams, Services, and commands), using Mission-Based Test Design and DOT&E Cybersecurity Assessment Program guidance.
- Experience with DoD, Navy and Joint Cybersecurity inspection processes and certification, accreditation processes to include the use of the Vulnerability Management System (VMS), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), and SPAWAR Acquisition Integrated Logistics Online Repository (SAILOR), as well as experience with Navy and DoD networked data systems and cybersecurity systems, to include Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment System (ACAS).
- Experience with researching and analyzing mission assurance best practices for network security, to include C4, Satellite Communications (SATCOM), and Network Operations.
- Demonstrated expertise in: Assessing and troubleshooting complex network implementations, to include network ports, protocols and services, router, switch and firewall configurations, analysis of log files and the ability to detect and isolate cyber events.
- Demonstrated expertise in: Identifying, analyzing, and documenting system specific and system of systems issues. Analyzing the architecture, engineering, functionality and interoperability of DoD, Navy and Joint C4ISR and Combat systems at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- Experience operating aboard US Navy vessels while at sea.
- This position is in support of the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E) Cyber Assessment Program (CAP).
- This position will provide technical expertise regarding offensive and defensive cyber operations and work with the rest of the onsite team supporting Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR) to conduct assessments of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems in an operational environment during major Combatant Command (CCMD) and U.S. Navy Fleet exercises.
- Work includes identifying mission threads to be assessed, exercise and assessment planning, coordination with exercise participants and leadership, and executing the assessment in compliance with the DOT&E CAP.
- Post assessment work includes analysis of cyber effects on warfare missions and developing reports that provide timely feedback to CCMD, Service and Department of Defense (DoD) leadership on identified issues and associated mission effects.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in Windows Server 2008 or newer.
- Possess the required training and certification to meet the DoD IA Workforce requirements for an IASAE Level II position as detailed in DoD 8570.01-M.