Yes. Two to three times a year
Must be a U.S. Citizen
MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
- Plan, manage, and facilitate the systems engineering management efforts associated with integration new (non-fielded), Product Improvement Projects (PIP) and existing weapons on the H-1 W/Y/Z rotary wing platforms.
- Provide technical analysis to resolve technical challenges presented by the PMA-276 operational community. Identify and manage technical risks, and support cost and schedule risk assessments, to enable sound management of the H-1 W/Y/Z weapons systems.
- Support the Platform Assistant Program Manager for Systems Engineering (APMSE) with weapons integration; review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP). Conduct and attend Engineering Data Requirement Agreement Plan (EDRAP) meetings, attend Technical and Design Reviews, and provide RISK management inputs. Provide review of weapons flight clearances/NATIP/NATOPS.-Provide support on the Stores Management System (SMS) & Armament System. Provide support to future weapons programs to identify early weapons related RISKs and issues.-Provide oversight and direction of the integration of Joint Air to Ground Missile (JAGM) on the AH-1Z.
- Provide support to Mission Systems IPT to integrate 2.75" rockets (APWKS and unguided rockets), and future single-variant APKWS guidance sections on H-1 W/Y/Z.
- Provide support to the H-1 Structural and electrical upgrade through oversight and direction of the UH-1Y's defensive armament system.
- Responsible for conceiving, planning, organizing, and leading weapons and store integration activities. This includes conducting engineering analyses, test and evaluation of weapon systems, related subsystems and components. Projects cover the entire life cycle and acquisition phases from concept development and testing, to production and decommissioning.
- Coordinates and conducts projects as assigned by the Platform/Stores Integration competency manager and in support of the Program Manager and IPT leaders.
- Develops requirements and store integration plans to ensure total weapon system performance. Coordinates project financial and administrative matters with project team leaders and the PSI competency manager.
- Responsible for managing and executing the airworthiness process for all store integration activities. Coordinates data requirements with airworthiness subject matter experts and ensures they meet established NAVAIR airworthiness requirements.
- Reviews flight clearances for technical accuracy and safety of flight.
- Reviews and prepares project directives, contract deliverables, detail specifications, test and evaluation master plans (TEMPs), contractor design approaches and results of contractor development testing to obtain an overall background and to identify possible integration problem areas.
- Responsible for providing risk assessments to IPT
- Prepares project correspondence such as test plans, technical reports, letters, and memorandums.
- Establishes and maintains communication with project team leaders, NAVAIRSYSCOM officials, competency management and IPT team members. Provides briefings and presentations as directed by project team leaders.
- Serves as Navy, IPT and store integration competency representative during participation at conferences, design reviews, program meetings, mockup reviews, seminars and symposia. Provides technical inputs and prepares appropriate correspondence and reports such as trip reports, meeting action items, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, requires little to no supervision, and resourceful.
- Strong understanding of electronic communication (phone, text, email, IM, telecom, collaborative sites like apan and teams).
- Ability to analyze chapter 10 files
- Knowledge of agile software development
- Familiarity with NAVAIR acquisition processes
- Familiarity with SETR processes
- Software and lab experience preferred
- 1553 databus experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes
- Prior program office familiarity
- Experience with test and evaluation,
- Experience with SDD (system development and demonstration)
- Experience with airworthiness