Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active Top Secret with SCI (TS/SCI) is required to be considered for this position.
B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline.
- 10+ years' of related experience, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with R&D program managers as well as organization leadership; tracking task order efforts to rapidly identify and resolve potential and new problems; and identifying and resolving administrative and contractual issues related to a support services contract.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Master's of Science Degree
- Capable of leading, mentoring, organizing, prioritizing and executing Specialty Engineering activities with 10+ years’ experience in multiple Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- 15+ years’ experience in field related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- More than one active professional certification, or academic certificate obtained within five years, related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues, and
exploit opportunities on behalf of DoD.
- Demonstrated experience creating and updating DoD policy, guidance and training to achieve goals in the National Defense Strategy related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple warfighting domains.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced and emerging technology areas such as autonomy, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight, initiative and mature judgment in anticipating and solving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated experience with digital engineering, digital transformation and datacentric operations.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Advance the Practice:
- Review modernization priorities and related technologies, legislation, policies, procedures, practices, guidance, standards, handbooks, tools, DoD workforce skills and training in coordination with DoD organizations, DoD Components, other federal agencies, and academic and industry partners
- Make recommendations to advance the practice of the specialty engineering disciplines
- Propose updates and changes that improve acquisition lifecycle outcomes, integrated with the Defense Acquisition System
- Identify advancements, lessons learned and best practices, and promulgate them through direct interaction with DoD customers
- Improve and Support Defense Acquisition Programs and Projects:
- Technical assessments and reviews of programs and projects with regard to engineering disciplines
- Provide technical assessments and recommendations to improve outcomes over the lifecycle of these programs and projects, aligning with policy, guidance, standards and best practices
- Provide cost and benefit analyses of recommendations to support leadership decisions concerning lifecycle cost, schedule and performance tradeoffs for these programs and projects