Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active Secret security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
BS degree or higher in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline that is relevant to Engineering.
Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Support the updating of policy and guidance and evolving DoD engineering culture, adding rigor to advanced DoD engineering practices.
- Advance and Support Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA).
- Supports the development and fielding of cutting edge technology and weapon systems to meet National Security Missions and ensure technology dominance across the acquisition lifecycle.