Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active Secret security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline that is relevant to Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Capable of executing activities within Digital Engineering, tools and environments, with an emphasis on existing tools from within the model and simulation enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience in development, application, and stewardship of models across multiple disciplines of acquisition, analysis, and training.
- Executing activities within Digital Engineering, tools
and environments, with an emphasis on existing tools from within the model and simulation enterprise.
- Individual must have demonstrated experience in development, application, and stewardship of models.
across multiple disciplines of acquisition, analysis, and training.
- Advising on the evolution of model/simulation enablers (such as, but not limited to validation principles and verification techniques, etc.) for expanded use in digital applications.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Enhance digital engineering implementation and support transition plans for digital engineering and associated tools.
- Develop an interconnected and interoperatble, data centric, digital engineering ecosystem capable of evolving with future needs.
- Lead interorganizational interactions, interfacing with high level leaders and cross-functional teams, to develop successful engineering system architectures in collaboration with stakeholder organizations.
- Advise leadership on modeling and simulation initiatives, as a part of digital engineering initiatives, to the National Defense Strategy, including discovery, access, and reuse of model and simulation enablers, interoperability and modularity of model and/or simulation environments and artifacts.