Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active Top Secret with SCI (TS/SCI) is required to be considered for this position.
B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline.
- 10+ years' of related experience, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense industy
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with R&D program managers as well as organization leadership; tracking task order efforts to rapidly identify and resolve potential and new problems; and identifying and resolving administrative and contractual issues related to a support services contract.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Master's of Science Degree
- Capable of leading, mentoring, organizing, prioritizing and executing Specialty Engineering activities with 10+ years’ experience in multiple Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- 15+ years’ experience in field related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- More than one active professional certification, or academic certificate obtained within five years, related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues, and
exploit opportunities on behalf of DoD.
- Demonstrated experience creating and updating DoD policy, guidance and training to achieve goals in the National Defense Strategy related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple warfighting domains.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced and emerging technology areas such as autonomy, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight, initiative and mature judgment in anticipating and solving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated experience with digital engineering, digital transformation and datacentric operations.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Enhance digital engineering implementation and support transition plans for digital engineering and associated tools
- Develop an interconnected and interoperatble, data centric, digital engineering ecosystem capable of evolving with future needs
- Lead interorganizational interactions, interfacing with high level leaders and cross-functional teams, to develop successful engineering system architectures in collaboration with stakeholder organizations
- Advise leadership on modeling and simulation initiatives, as a part of digital engineering initiatives, to the National Defense Strategy, including discovery, access, and reuse of model and simulation enablers, interoperability and modularity of model and/or simulation environments and artifacts.