Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active SECRET level clearance highly desired. Otherwise, must be eligible to obtain a SECRET level security clearance.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics or a related field. MS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics or a related field with research focused on lasers, optic, tracking algorithms, or machine learning highly desired.
0-3 years of experience.
- Experience with MATLAB programming.
- Experience with circuit design and microcontrollers.
- Pragmatic problem solver.
- Willing to step out of their comfort zone technically.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- ANNS, CNNs
- Genetic/Evolutionary algorithms
- Cross disciplinary design experience.
- Optical system design experience.
This position supports IRCM systems engineering efforts as well as the development of IRCM requirements techniques using expendables and active infrared countermeasures to be used against conventional and advanced IR Missile Seekers. The position will require the use of both hardware and software testing and development for requirements determination.
Hardware testing and development will include:
- Optical lab testing with advanced EO/IR missiles
- Design of prototype level electronic devices for lab and field testing
Software testing and development will include:
- Modeling and simulation of IRCM and missile trackers
- Development of signal analysis software
- Development of control software for equipment and prototypes
Working with a small, multi-disciplined and technically ambitious team, this position will work on projects end-to-end – from finding susceptibilities of various threats to the development of advanced countermeasure concepts through laboratory, ground and flight test and evaluation events. The ability to communicate results and generate new research ideas is important to the position
Candidates for this position should have prior experience with the design, development, test, and prototyping of electrical systems or optical systems. Computer programming/ modeling and simulation skills are also very important for a successful applicant.
Background should include:
- Working knowledge of IR technology, with IR Countermeasures experience being a significant plus, and previous experience in computer programming and modeling and simulation.
- MATLAB/Simulink, LabView, C/C++
- Optical modeling is a plus
- Experience in IR acquisition and track algorithms is a plus
- Digital image processing
- Digital signal processing
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design
- Program Experience in Embedded/Realtime C/C++
- Practical experience with EO/IR system development a plus