Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility
Master's Degree in a recognized engineering, scientific and or technical discipline that is relevant.
Required Experience: Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience and knowledge of project management best practices.
- Experience as a program manager providing support to contracts of a similar size, scope and complexity.
- Military or OSD experience.
- Additional technical background in one or more of the technical areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) & Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Space and Stratosphere
- Information Operations
- Demonstration and Experimentation
- Provide scientific and engineering technical assessment of proposed prototypes and experimentations.
- Provide a quantitative/qualitative analysis of technologies from the technological industry base, services, and Government laboratories.
- Validate prototypes and experimentations utilizing proven scientific analytical methods and high-fidelity modeling to confirm key performance parameters design specifications of prototypes.
Provide technical recommendation and reports on the rapid acquisition deployment of prototypes.
- Review prototypes and experimentation proposals with recommendations but deliver findings in the form of technical reports, briefings, and executive summaries.
- Provide the subject matter expertise with experience in the following technical areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning to assess the performance of software which shall enable autonomous vehicle and control elements, perception, cognition, and action of system controls within an existing prototype. The aptitude of the expert shall assess the multi-data fusion of sensor data for Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED).
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) & Electronic Warfare (EW) to assess prototype C4ISR architectures abilities to achieve the National Defense Strategy in support of Fully Networked Command and Control (FNC2). Perform strategic assessment of a prototype’s ability to systematically observe mission objectives and its ability to acquire, fuse, and disseminate information. Assess various ISR payloads to evaluate performance to evaluate radars, wireless communications, and Radio Frequency (RF) propagation. Support, technology developmental, operational and integration of the Department’s ability to close strategic, operational, and tactical kill chains that are acknowledged as critical weaknesses across the services, combatant commands, and Joint Staff. This includes the ability to support weapon system targeting across all domains. Assess the technical performance of EW prototypes that will enhance electromagnetic spectrum operations to maintain Spectrum Dominance.
- Space and Stratosphere capabilities to evaluate and assess the design of aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, missiles, and sensor payload prototype functional capabilities according to the proposed design. Area of expertise will include hypersonic flight characteristics and technical performance analysis, Stratospheric High-Altitude Platforms as well as sensors and subsystems required to operate in the space and near space regions.
- Information Operations to assess applicability of information warfare across computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data. Evaluate the electromagnetic and digital effects of offensive and defensive information warfare to quantify the effectiveness of prototypes for military capabilities for Offensive and defensive Information Operations.
- Demonstration and Experimentation of key prototypes to assess the engineering design, risk, specification of a prototype in an operational but relevant environment to facilitate transition of the residual capability. Experience in System Integration, Data Management, System Operability, Performance Evaluation, Cybersecurity, Regression and Safety, and User Evaluation. Experimentation shall incorporate application of employing prototypes in a future multi-domain/Joint Warfighting Concept to explore existing capabilities.
- Support the planning, coordinating, and execution of a large-scale multi-year demonstration and experimentation campaign to evaluate the operational utility of prototypes in a multi-domain environment.
- Support the development of a strategy and framework for identifying prototype mission capabilities into demonstration or experimentation venues to evaluate their operational utility.
- Produce concepts of operations, lessons learned, or technical reports to identify operational successes and capability gaps to maximize the campaign’s alignment to mitigate gaps.
- Build interest and engagement from Military Service to establish Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) to facilitate the transition of prototyping capabilities into programs of record for sustainment.