Due to E.O. 14042 and as a government contractor, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in circumstances where a medical and/or religious exemption is approved.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
The Engineering Technician III performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions;
- Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment. N0042122R3002 - FINAL Page 22 of 90
- Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data;
- Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation.
- Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
High School diploma or GED and one of the following: (1) Completion of a technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or (2) Completion of at least 30 semester hours of course studies at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum; or (3) An Associate’s degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or General Engineering. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION:
Five (5) years of practical experience, to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
At least ten (10) years of practical experience, to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance. At least 1 year of engineering technical functional experience shall have consisted of performing engineering/technical functions with aircraft and ordnance.