Due to E.O. 14042 and as a government contractor, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in circumstances where a medical and/or religious exemption is approved.
Communication and Data Link Test Engineer (F/A-18)
*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Some travel will be required
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in an engineering discipline, to include computer engineering, electrical engineering and network engineering, and physics or math.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in tactical operations, research, analysis, planning, designing, developing, testing or evaluating systems.
- Experience in mission systems associated with any of the following aircraft: E-2C/E-2D, F/A-18, EA-18G and MH-60R.
- Desired knowledge and experience.
- Operational experience in Air Warfare or Strike Warfare, and in tactical data link networks and/or electronic warfare systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Testing of data links, airborne radar, and/or data fusion is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic warfare highly regarded.
- Knowledge of tactical data links, to include Link-16 highly desired.
- Knowledge of and test experience with F/A-18 mission systems and/or the Air Warfare and Surface Warfare mission areas is highly desired.
Primary tasking will include planning, execution, data analysis, and reporting for testing of F/A-18 tactical communication capabilities. Tasking may include similar support of capability-specific testing using Mission Based Test Design processes. Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.