*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Clearance Required: Must have a TOP SECRET clearance to be considered for this position.
Some travel will be required.
Education: Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Position Description: Has programmatic or technical leadership roles in an organization identifying, formulating, designing and/or testing practical solutions to engineering problems and guide the engineering development of modern complex systems; and to employ systems engineering methods and tools in the development of advanced complex systems and when appropriate, conduct research in applied systems engineering to advance the field.
- The work would entail the following:
- Coordination, development, and road mapping of System Architecture throughout the acquisition and engineering life cycle.
- DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) experience
- Experience taking a system through the acquisition lifecycle as it matures through Technical Readiness Levels.
- Additional responsibilities include systems and digital engineering leadership, system information management, technical management, and information technology service coordination among stakeholders
- Understanding of Navy weapons systems and system of systems to develop and maintain a system level architecture
- Ability to translate Design Reference Missions (DRMs) into logical descriptions of the physical and digital systems
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts both verbally and in technical documentation
- Provide input to Operational, Capability, System, and Information views - OVDiagrams
- Correlate system functions to operational objectives
- Recommend digital solutions to rapidly validate autonomous system behavior
- Develop high-level descriptions and views of the system networks and interfaces
- Recommendations to architecture alternatives which enhance lethality and agility
- Input to system functional decomposition and allocation to systems and sub-systems
- Inputs to capability gap analysis
- Development of Technical Performance Measures
- Inputs to Technical Readiness and Technical Risk Analysis
Skills Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located. Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing, continuously evolving environment. Be experienced with NAVAIR/NAWCAD processes and policy pertaining to things such as Airworthiness, Weapon Systems Integration, Testing in a System Integration Lab Environment, Software Engineering, Build Architecture Diagrams, Technical Readiness Level (TRL) experience. Knowledge of how the Navy shares data.