*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Has programmatic or technical leadership roles in an organization identifying, formulating, designing and/or testing practical solutions to engineering problems and guide the engineering development of modern complex systems; and to employ systems engineering methods and tools in the development of advanced complex systems and when appropriate, conduct research in applied systems engineering to advance the field.
This position requires a motivated/self-starter to assist the PMA280 Tucson government team in providing engineering guidance and oversight to Raytheon pertaining to the production, recertification, sustainment and integration of incremental capability upgrades (avionics, warhead, etc.) to the Tomahawk missile program. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform oversight of contractor activities in a factory and lab environment.
- Perform oversight of the design, development, and integration activities performed by the prime contractor for new avionics systems and updates to existing systems.
- Evaluate the prime contractor’s project plans, schedules, and engineering change proposals.
- Effectively communicate program status to the onsite government Lead Engineer and PMA280 senior leadership, as required.
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, and evaluate contractor proposals for military weapon systems for technical adequacy and level of effort.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Apply engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration oversight, configuration management, quality assurance oversight, and acquisition and resource management.
- Analyze designs, review test plans for technical adequacy, evaluates components, and completed systems adherence to the functional requirements of military weapon systems and associated support systems.
- Assist in the development of solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact missile system performance and integration areas.
- Employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple engineering disciplines and government team members and may communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, stakeholders, etc.).