Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active SECRET level clearance highly desired.
BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
3-5 years of experience performing the duties described in the Position Description.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based computing environments.
- Experience configuring and managing network-attached storage systems.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., KVM, VMware, Docker, etc.)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Broad understanding of network technologies and architectures
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Willing to step outside of his/her comfort zone technically
We seek a Linux systems engineer to assist with the design and maintenance of an in-house high-performance computing (HPC) cluster. The candidate will work with a team of engineers to develop and deploy a system capable of running high-performance simulations over a cluster. The work will consist of both the configuration and deployment of hardware and network assets in addition to the design and development of the software and scripts needed to administer the cluster. This position interacts with all IT functional areas (e.g. architecture, design, network engineering, support, and application development). The candidate must be self-motivated, with the ability to learn and master a wide array of technologies.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, deploying, and supporting a Linux based HPC cluster.
- Development of software tools to configure and administer the cluster.
- Monitor and troubleshoot cluster performance issues.
- Assisting the development team with integrating software with the cluster environment.
- Setup and management of multiple virtualized environments.
- Producing and maintaining documentation.