Yes. Domestically two to three times a year.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Leads the execution of complex tasks. Applies and integrates engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate aircraft navigation systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration principles, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems. This is a technical position performing complex guidance, navigation and control design and analysis for weapon systems. The primary focus of this position is navigation solution design as it relates to GPS/INS systems. The scope includes navigation systems analysis and inertial measurement unit analysis, aided navigation system design and analysis, flight test support, data reduction and verification.
- GPS/INS System design and analysis.
- Capable of leading effort to define systems integration validation and verification test efforts.
- Experience in requirements generation and SETR review process.
- Prepare presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to designs, analyses, and tests performed
- Identifying potential problems, coordinating specific engineering competency solutions, conducting meetings and conferences.
- Reviewing and commenting on flight clearance requests, preparation of technical directives and associated data, engineering change proposals, preliminary specification change notices, preparing and reviewing requests for proposal and contractor data requirements lists, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Experience performing systems engineering trade studies, analysis of alternatives, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Relevant experience developing and verifying models of concept flight systems and subsystems that include
- Demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customer
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proactive, self-starting, independent, flexible engineer with excellent interpersonal skills
At least 10 years of experience in an engineering or technical position. 3 or more years of demonstrated experience in integrating airborne navigation systems, to include systems engineering, test, and/or program management expertise. Military tactical weapons background is preferable. Make sound judgments concerning navigation systems, and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to leadership. Good briefing, interpersonal and/or diplomatic skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located. Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing, continuously evolving environment. Be experienced with NAVAIR/NAWCAD processes and policy pertaining to things such as Airworthiness, Systems Integration, Testing, Software Engineering