Must be a U.S. Citizen
Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in the area of engineering expertise is required.
This position supports the Deputy Assistant Program Manager for Systems Engineering (DAPMSE) assigned to PMA-281 as the Weapon/Platform Integration liaison for Weapons Planning Software including Precision Guided Munition Planning Software (PGMPS) and Network Enabled Weapons Planning. Support to the mission planning using Next Generation Open Mission Systems (NOM). The engineer provides technical assistance and technical focal point for coordination across the platform integration teams (PMA-265/JSFPO) and weapons engineering teams (PMA-201) to ensure requirements and interfaces are managed within the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) framework and Next Generation Mission Planning architecture by PMA-281. The candidate will ensure that mission planning development and integration efforts with respect to weapons are technically sound, appropriately resourced and coordinated and adequately verified in the SIL and aircraft in accordance with the required engineering disciplines within the stakeholder community including USN, USAF, Prime Contractors, subcontractors, and government certification entities required. Key projects include M-Code integration, Crypto mod and NEW implementation for weapons like SDB-II, JDAM, AARGM-ER, JSOW-ER, etc.
The engineer is responsible for conceiving, planning, organizing, and leading weapons and store integration activities. This includes conducting engineering analyses, test and evaluation of weapon systems, related subsystems, and components. Projects cover the entire life cycle and acquisition phases from concept development and testing to production and decommissioning. The engineer will be required to read and interpret MBSE Tools (Cameo) products IAW the Program’s acquisition strategy and requirements development. Specifically, this position will require the engineer to perform the following tasks:
- Coordinates and conducts projects as assigned by the Platform/Stores Integration competency manager and in support of the Program Manager and IPT leaders.
- Develops requirements and store integration plans to ensure total weapon system performance.
- Coordinates project financial and administrative matters with project team leaders and the PSI competency manager.
- Review vendor produced MBSE models.
- Able to parse through a Cameo drop providing comment.
- Leading/running the Scrum Teams.
- Good Systems Engineering background (i.e. traceability) and team management skills.
- Mission Planning experience a plus.
- Responsible for managing and executing the airworthiness process for all store integration activities.
- Coordinates data requirements with airworthiness subject matter experts and ensures they meet established NAVAIR airworthiness requirements.
- Reviews flight clearances for technical accuracy and safety of flight.
- Reviews and prepares project directives, contract deliverables, detail specifications, test and evaluation master plans (TEMPs), contractor design approaches and results of contractor development testing to obtain an overall background and to identify possible integration problem areas.
- Responsible for providing risk assessments to IPT Leaders, Program Managers and Competency Managers.
- Prepares project correspondence such as test plans, technical reports, letters, and memorandums.
- Establishes and maintains communication with project team leaders, NAVAIRSYSCOM officials, competency management and IPT team members.
- Provides briefings and presentations as directed by project team leaders.
- Serves as Navy, IPT and store integration department representative during participation at conferences, design reviews, program meetings, mockup reviews, seminars and symposia.
- Provides technical inputs and prepares appropriate correspondence and reports such as trip reports, meeting action items, etc.
Requirements, knowledge of MBSE processes, Risk Management, Configuration Management, schedule development, Agile and SCRUM processes, Technical Interchange Meetings, NAVAIR, NAWCAD, Weapon Systems Integration, System Integration, Software Integration, NAVAIR SETR. Experience in integrating airborne weapons systems, including systems engineering, test, and/or program management expertise. Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze a variety of weapons program information, make sound judgments concerning weapons, and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to leadership. Good briefing, interpersonal and/or diplomatic skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located. Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapidly changing, continuously evolving environment. Be experienced with NAVAIR/NAWCAD processes and policy pertaining to things such as Airworthiness, Systems Integration, Testing, Software Engineering