Must be a U.S. Citizen
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline, Physics, or Math.
- Education substitution: 6 years additional work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
At least 5 years of professional engineering experience that has consisted of performing the foregoing engineering functions (listed in the position description)
- At least 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems.
- Specific experience in radar systems associated with any of the following aircraft: E-2C/E-2D, F/A-18, EA-18G and MH-60R highly desired.
- Specific experience in integrated fire control systems, tactical data link networks, phased array radar, and electronic warfare systems highly desired.
Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Radar theory and systems
- Integrated fire control systems
- Phased array radar
- Naval Aviation and Naval Surface Warfare systems
- Test and Evaluation