Must be a U.S. Citizen
Bachelors in a recognized engineering discipline that is relevant.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Expert in Swarming theory and application
- Expert in autonomy/unmanned systems; especially those used in brigade-level engagements
Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
RETS Task Order 1 provides the Directorate of Defense Research and Engineering for Advanced Capabilities (DDR&E (AC)) OUSD (R&E) mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions within the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts. The team constructs, manages, and conducts discrete mission engineering and analysis study tasks to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies and capabilities applied in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives.
Employee will lead a team of analysts, engineers and modelers conducting a 6-month study into the efficacy of swarming utilizing autonomous systems. In this role, he/she will develop the study plan, identify needed resources (personnel, modeling tools, etc.) to execute the plan, socialize the study with stakeholders, execute the study, and author the study final report.
- Experience developing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems.
- Experience planning and executing complex mission and systems analysis efforts.
- Experience conducting systems engineering tasks including Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture products, and Logistics support of Department of Defense (DoD) systems.
- Expert in assessing threat kill chains operations and identifying exploitable vulnerabilities, analyzing mission threads and blue force system kill chains to identify capability gaps and solutions, developing system models, constructing and executing simulation and analysis plans, conducting trade studies and sensitivity analysis, interpreting and synthesizing results and translating them into concise and comprehensive artifacts for documenting and communicating to multiple audiences.
- Experience leading teams in the planning and execution of complex mission and system analysis efforts.
- Expertise in employment of autonomous systems utilizing swarming theory.