Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Clearance Required: SECRET
Education Required: B.S. in Computer Science/Math/Physics or related background.
Position Description: This position supports IRCM (Infrared Countermeasure) and MWR (Missile Warning Receiver) engineering along with the development of requirement and techniques. This position is focused on software engineering for modeling, simulation, and analysis purposes.
This position will work on projects end-to-end – from foreign threat exploitation to the development of advanced concepts through M&S, laboratory, ground and flight test and evaluation events. The ability to communicate results and generate new research ideas is important to the position.
This position will be expected to:
- Design, program, and utilize modeling and simulation (M&S) tools in the development and analysis of IRCM & MWR techniques and requirements.
- Utilize machine learning (ML) algorithms in order to tackle challenging IRCM & MWR problems.
- Development and analysis of real-time detection & tracking algorithms for use in M&S, laboratory, and field test environments.
- Perform statistical analysis of M&S, laboratory, and field test results.
- Fluency in C/C++/Python/MATLAB software development in Linux environments, including use of make, git, and related tools.
- Fluency in using MATLAB, Python, and related tools to perform statistical analysis of datasets.
- Experience with digital image and signal processing, detection, and tracking algorithms.
- Experience with machine learning architecture and neural network design and implementation, utilizing tools such as Tensorflow and Pytorch.
- Knowledgeable in software development in HPC (High Performance Computing) environments, including use of job schedulers, distributed computing, and virtualization and containerization software.
- Experience with the development of real-time software applications, including interfacing with embedded systems.
- Knowledgeable in Unix/Linux system administration across a number of platforms and distributions including Red Hat, Ubuntu, BSD, etc.