Due to E.O. 14042 and as a government contractor, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in circumstances where a medical and/or religious exemption is approved.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
The Engineering Technician II performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments. Technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may be reviewed in progress. This technician performs at this level, one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts, servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment;
- Conducting a variety of tests using established methods, preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors;
- Extracting engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources, processing the data following well-defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry, and presenting the data in prescribed form.
High School diploma or GED and one of the following:
- Completion of a technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of course studies at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum; or
- An Associate’s degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or General Engineering.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Five (5) years of practical experience, to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
At least three (3) years of practical experience, to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.