Must be a U.S. Citizen
BS or BA degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, electronics, or aeronautics from an accredited college or university.
At least ten (10) years of general or practical System Safety (SS) engineering and technical experience is required. R&M experience should include solving complex R&M problems through the use of R&M probabilistic analysis, modeling, and risk assessment and evaluation. Aircraft, weapons systems, or aircraft support equipment development test and evaluation is desirable.
- Performs tasks with little or no guidance.
- Has demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, and design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, and associated support systems.