*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Must have a TOP SECRET clearance to be considered for this position.
Some travel will be required.
Education: Position requires a BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline.
Experience: At least three (3) years of recent and relevant experience in a position related to the labor category “Description” is required. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
- Review and or development of requirements definition, analysis, verification and architecture design
- Reviewing and monitoring development of relevant engineering documentation and artifacts
- Participating or assisting in relevant Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events and PMRs
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, and detailed trade studies to translate Customer requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule cost and exportability constraints
- Presenting necessary information to stakeholders within the NAVAIR program office environment
- Participate in requirements generation, including performing traceability to the CDD, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) Operational Order (OPORD) 2-CY18, E-XX CONOPS
- Develop Systems Engineering Plans, Requirements Management Plans, and other engineering documentation
- Track engineering critical path inputs to the project and program integrated government schedule (IGS)
- Facilitate meetings, take minutes, track schedules, and oversee engineering risk management
- Experience working with the DoD/DoN preferred
- Familiar with NAVAIR aircraft weapon systems
- Microsoft Tools – Track changes, combining documents, editing, and power point proficient with building briefs.
- Demonstrated experience in NAVAIR Systems Engineering Process and Airworthiness
- Experience working Pre-MS B and EMD efforts
- Experience using Model Based Systems Engineering Tools
- Prior E6 aircrewman or maintainer
- Naval aviation operational or acquisition experience
- Familiar with aircraft communications systems