Must be a U.S. Citizen
Top Secret with SCI (TS/SCI) is required to be considered for this position.
B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline.
- 10+ years' of related experience, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with R&D program managers as well as organization leadership; tracking task order efforts to rapidly identify and resolve potential and new problems; and identifying and resolving administrative and contractual issues related to a support services contract.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Master's of Science Degree
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Support the updating of policy and guidance and evolving DoD engineering culture, adding rigor to advanced DoD engineering practices.
- Advance and Support Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA).
- Supports the development and fielding of cutting edge technology and weapon systems to meet National Security Missions and ensure technology dominance across the acquisition lifecycle.