*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Some travel will be required
Education: Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Position Description: PMA-271 Airborne Strategic Command, Control & Communications Program office at NAVAIR in Patuxent River, MD is in need of an engineering scientist senior system and communications engineer. The engineer will provide support to E-6B & E-XX platform and IPT lead engineers in support of development, acquisition, modernization, and sustainment efforts across the PMA for the E-6B and E-XX Weapon systems. Responsibilities include support requirements generation, performing engineering design trade studies, drafting engineering documentation and artifacts, and assisting in the development of mission systems architecture solutions including:
Skills Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located. Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing, continuously evolving environment.
- Review and or development of requirements definition, analysis, verification and architecture design
- Reviewing and monitoring development of relevant engineering documentation and artifacts
- Participating or assisting in relevant Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events and PMRs
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, and detailed trade studies to translate Customer requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule cost and exportability constraints
- Presenting necessary information to stakeholders within the NAVAIR program office environment
- Identifying mission system impacts to the E-XX airframe to include E3 effects, Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) resiliency, and RF co-site effects
- Assess airframe electrical system based on future mission system impacts
- Support efforts to improve the cyber resiliency of the cockpit
- Participate in the E-XX requirements generation and air vehicle risk reduction process
Skills Desired: Demonstrated experience in NAVAIR Systems Engineering Process and Airworthiness. Experience working Pre-MS B and EMD efforts. Experience using Model Based Systems Engineering Tools