*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
- 3 years of experience or proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience or understanding of security procedures
- Understanding of DoD Security Policy
- Understanding of Foreign Military Sales and Foreign Disclosure Policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Complete complex assignments that require critical and independent judgment in making compromises to satisfy requirements and to anticipate and assess the impact of events in one area on other processes and programs with an emphasis on Physical and Communications Security.
- Assist with developing new approaches or methodology, which may be controversial and, at this level, he/she may be called upon to support these ideas and proposals by reviewing and commenting on Security related documents to the team with recommendations on implementation.
- Establish personal contacts with the Security Department, Facility Security Officers, PMAs and Facility Security Managers to exchange information, identify problems, propose solutions, and defend recommendations on controversial issues to all levels at the activity.
- Interpret regulations with minimal guidance and develop training packages and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Completes work in compliance with DoD guidelines and policies, compatibility with organizational goals, and attainment of objectives
- Effectively coordinate and implement the Security Department’s Security Program by understanding and applying a complex mix of security disciplines including information, personnel, industrial, operations, physical, and communications. Also coordinates, facilitates, reviews, evaluates, documents and implements security management of these security disciplines.
- Report and/or investigate security violations and electronic spillages for possible compromises to the Command Security Manager (CSM) and Naval Criminal Investigative Service, by preparing Preliminary Inquiry and Practice Dangerous to Security reports. This also includes Notifications of Contractor Violations from the Defense Security Service and generating Electronic Spill Action Forms.
- Review statements of work for appropriate security language to support DD254s, Contract Security Classification Specifications, and review/ coordinate review and signature of the DD254s.
- Assist with creating and providing security training on a variety of subjects (information, personnel, physical etc.) relative to proper protection of CMI and CUI
- Oversee tracking and ensure quality of data reviewed for release to foreign nationals.