Must be a U.S. Citizen
Yes. Domestically two to three times a year.
MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
The Effects Deployment Office (FXDO) is responsible for the rapid development and deployment of capabilities within the PMA-201 portfolio. The current projects within the FXDO are LRASM, MALD-N, JASSM-ER, and OASuW Inc 2. The position needed is an FXDO Integration Engineer, who will act as the PMA-265 liaison and work the F/A-18 Integration efforts of all FXDO weapons systems with current focus on MALD-N and JASSM-ER.
Candidate will be part of the FXDO Aircraft Integration Team (AIT), providing direct support to the FXDO AIT lead, and performing the following tasks:
- Working closely with weapon AUR, Test, and Logistics leads in ensure integration of the weapon on F/A-18.
- Acting as the interface between FXDO and PMA-265 to ensure all parties are aware of Program objectives, those objectives are understood and properly weighted when trades are necessary, and decisions are communicated to FXDO leadership (i.e. AIT lead, AUR lead, CHENG, Director).
- Coordinating with F/A-18 PSI leads and Flight Clearance Facilitators, to include flight clearance and SOR prioritization.
- Generating, submitting, and ensuring timely approval of SORs for F/A-18
- Generating Flight Clearance requests and drafting Flight Clearances.
- Generating and maintaining Engineering Data Requirement Agreement Packages (EDRAP) for all FXDO weapons on F/A-18.
- Working with FXDO AUR leads and NAWCWD Systems Engineers to obtain Flight Clearance approvals from weapon SMEs.
- Working with F/A-18 PSI team to ensure aircraft SMEs have necessary weapon data.
- Working with the FXDO schedulers to update IMS / IGS for all AIT products.
- Chairing the MALD ICWG, to include:
- Developing and updating the MALD-N ICP and ICD,
- Working with all applicable parties (i.e. Raytheon, AWL, Boeing, etc.) to ensure interface requirements are understood and documented for both the aircraft and the weapon,
- Adjudicating interface issues.
- Being well versed in F/A-18 ICD requirements and able to communicate those requirements to the Government and Contractor weapon teams.
- Attending ICWGs for each weapon system as a voting member representing the F/A-18 interface.
- Applying a “minimum but sufficient” mentality to all requirements and products to ensure performance is met at or below cost and schedule constraints.
An FXDO tenet is to challenge the way business is done and find ways to accelerate projects, candidate needs a willingness and desire to apply critical thinking to challenge existing processes in order to increase efficiency and deploy capabilities as quickly as needed. The incumbent is expected to professionally and effectively work and communicate with FXDO leadership, AIT lead, IPT/AUR leads, NAWCAD SMEs, NAWCWD SMEs, and industry counterparts.
- Communicate with NAVAIR leadership, PMA-201, and PMA-265 leadership.
- Inform O6 and Flag level risk decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located.
- Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing, continuously evolving environment.
- Independent critical thinking.
- Experience with F-18/smart weapons is a desired.