*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Must have a TOP SECRET clearance to be considered for this position.
Some travel will be required.
Education: Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Position Description: PMA-271 Airborne Strategic Command, Control & Communications Program office at NAVAIR in Patuxent River, MD is in need of an engineering scientist senior system and communications engineer. The engineer will provide support to E-6B & E-XX platform and IPT lead engineers in support of development, acquisition, modernization, and sustainment efforts across the PMA for the E-6B and E-XX Weapon systems. Responsibilities include support requirements generation, performing engineering design trade studies, drafting engineering documentation and artifacts, and assisting in the development of mission systems architecture solutions including:
- Supporting the PMA-271 Mission Systems Architecture (MSA) team (Senior)
- Coordinate with NAWCWOLF and PMA-271 IPTs in the development, production, and installation of the Block 2 modifications
- Support the integration, validation, and verification of E-6B Nuclear Command, Control & Communications (NC3) “Looking Glass” mission systems
- Develop and track TPMs associated with the modified C-130 & E-XX
- Support engineers in preparing artifacts for SETR events, RFPs, and Milestone decision reviews
- Work with PMA-271 software, system security, and communication engineers in the development of a robust, cyber-resilient, multiple independent levels of security architecture for E-XX
- Prepare Engineering, Manufacturing & Development (EMD) SOW and engineering artifacts for the Mission Systems Integration portion of the E-XX Acquisition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally, and with industry partners that are remotely located.
- Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing and continuously evolving environment.
- E6B flight crew or maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience in NAVAIR Systems Engineering Process and Airworthiness.
- Experience working Pre-MS B and EMD efforts.
- Experience using Model Based Systems Engineering Tools.