*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Clearance Required: SECRET
- Reviews milestone decision documentation to ensure compliance with all aspects of the DoD and SECNAV 5000 series directives.
- Conducts research and provides recommendations to support the development of program acquisition strategies.
- Supports the preparation of documentation such as Acquisition Plans (AP), Acquisition Strategy Reports (ASR), Statement of Work (SOW), Procurement Initiation Document (PID), funding documents, contract awards, agreements, and Acquisition Program Baseline Agreements (APBA) for FMS requirements.
- Assess program procedures, practices, philosophies, and documentation for compliance with specifications, contracts, and mission requirements.
- Attend, participate, support, analyze, provide input, develop, prepare and report on briefs, point papers, reports, correspondence, meetings, conferences, and review boards.
- Integrates business and technical methodologies to provide support of hardware, software and service acquisition and life cycle management.
BS or BA degree in a Business, Management or Relevant Technical Discipline.
- Allowable Substitution: An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience; OR an additional eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- At least ten (10) years of experience related to weapon systems acquisition, including logistics, research and development, configuration management or systems analysis/design; and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: program management, systems engineering, major system acquisitions, financial management, test and evaluation or integrated logistics support.
- Demonstrated knowledge, and/or familiarity with the DoD and SECNAV5000 acquisition series, Federal and DoD acquisition regulations and PPBE process.
- Leads the execution of complex tasks.
- Has demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: system acquisition, acquisition documentation, configuration management, risk analysis and Government furnished equipment (GFE) or Government furnished information (GFI).