*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Clearance Required: SECRET
Bachelor of Science (BS) in an engineering discipline, computer science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, or statistics from an accredited college or university. Years of experience and/or an Associates of Science in electrical engineering or a computer science discipline may be considered in lieu of a BS.
Experience: Five years of engineering experience that has consisted of performing the foregoing engineering functions, and 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems.
- Work directly supports the Airborne Electronic Attack (AEA) and Next Generation Jammer (NGJ) Integrated Test Teams at VX-23 aboard Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, MD.
- Support mission planning system testing with the purpose of quantifying system requirements, suitability, and effectiveness for the intended mission and/or assess the ability of the system to meet mission objectives.
- Engage and coordinate with other AEA test and mission planning systems development organizations and teams as needed to support test and evaluation.
- Support developmental test planning, execution, analysis, and reporting in accordance with NAVAIR test processes.
- Support day to day flight and ground test events with mission planning and provide test and evaluation test and evaluation of integrated mission computers, controls and displays and associated software systems required to support AEA Mission Planning Systems Test.
- Work with test aircrew, forming a pilot-engineer team, to pre-plan and utilize system level performance parameters for use during flight.
- Airborne Electronic Warfare Mission Planning Systems experience
- NAVAIR Test and Evaluation process
- Naval Aviation Operational Experience, Airborne Electronic Attack, TACAIR
- Software development