*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be U.S. Citizen
Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
Systems Engineer for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Weapons Integration IPT in the area of stores integration and associated hardware and software development. Experience performing Aircraft-Weapons Integration is required. Candidate is responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the technical execution of all stores integration tasks for the weapon(s) they are assigned to support.
The work would entail the following:
- Act as government weapon integrator and focal point for all integration activity associated with assigned weapon(s) (AGM-158).
- Maintain oversight of all aircraft/weapon integration activities for compliance with F-35 System Requirement Document(s) and ensure the Services ultimately receive effective and suitable mission capabilities.
- Coordinate with Weapon Program Offices to ensure that aircraft integration activities satisfy certification requirements and align to weapon program roadmaps.
- Support JICWG meetings, Program Management Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings and IPT status meetings as required. Act as government interface manager for assigned weapons.
- Coordinate with the Stores Certification IPT on activities such as wind tunnel tests, ground fit checks, environmental testing and store separation testing.
- Coordinate with NAVAIR and Air Force Seek Eagle organizations to ensure all analysis is completed in order to support weapon certification and any flight clearances.
- Participate in aircraft software development activities to ensure weapon functionality is properly mechanized.
- Coordinate and participate in lab, ground and flight tests. Monitor, review and comment on test plans, test procedures and test results.
- Support weapon systems analysis as required for Weapon Delivery Accuracy, Lethality and Mission Effectiveness.
- Review and support weapons integration planning and estimating for future weapons integration efforts.
- Weekly status reports on Integration to Weapons IPT leadership to include weapon roadmaps
- Monthly inputs to AV/MS briefings to Leadership
At least 10 years of experience in an engineering or technical position. 3 or more years of demonstrated experience in integrating airborne weapons systems, to include systems engineering, test, and/or program management expertise. Military tactical weapons background is preferable. Demonstrated knowledge of fighter aircraft weapons practices and policies. Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze a variety of weapons program information, make sound judgments concerning weapons, and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to leadership. Good briefing, interpersonal and/or diplomatic skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work and collaborate with a team, both internally and with industry partners that are remotely located. Independently motivated and able to produce products and react quickly to a rapid changing, continuously evolving environment. Be experienced with NAVAIR/NAWCAD processes and policy pertaining to things such as Airworthiness, Systems Integration, Testing and Software Engineering.