Must be a U.S. Citizen
Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
BS degree in field supporting SpE disciplines from an
accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field of expertise.
- Demonstrated capability of solving difficult problems with multiple stakeholders while identifying and resolving risks and issues.
- Demonstrated experience applicable to one warfighting domain.
- Master's of Science Degree
- Active professional certification related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Active membership in a professional association related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated capability of providing technical expertise in multiple Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience working with industry and/or academia. Demonstrated experience creating and
updating DoD policy, guidance and training to achieve goals in the National Defense Strategy related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience applicable to multiple warfighting domains.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced and emerging technology areas such as autonomy, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight, initiative and mature judgment in anticipating and solving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated experience with digital engineering, digital transformation and data-centric operations.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
- Advance the Practice:
- Review modernization priorities and related technologies, legislation, policies, procedures, practices, guidance, standards, handbooks, tools, DoD workforce skills and training in coordination with DoD organizations, DoD Components, other federal agencies, and academic and industry partners
- Make recommendations to advance the practice of the specialty engineering disciplines
- Propose updates and changes that improve acquisition lifecycle outcomes, integrated with the Defense Acquisition System
- Identify advancements, lessons learned and best practices, and promulgate them through direct interaction with DoD customers
- Improve and Support Defense Acquisition Programs and Projects:
- Technical assessments and reviews of programs and projects with regard to engineering disciplines
- Provide technical assessments and recommendations to improve outcomes over the lifecycle of these programs and projects, aligning with policy, guidance, standards and best practices
- Provide cost and benefit analyses of recommendations to support leadership decisions concerning lifecycle cost, schedule and performance tradeoffs for these programs and projects