Due to E.O. 14042 and as a government contractor, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in circumstances where a medical and/or religious exemption is approved.
Must be U.S. Citizen
Top Secret with SCI eligibility
Masters in a recognized engineering discipline that is relevant. PhD desired.
Minimum of 20 years experience.
- Experience as a Joint Interface Control Officer/JICO (esp. CAOC or MCC experience)
- Experience in JCIDS, Joint Warfighting Concept development (esp. JWC-C2)
- Broad practical understanding of theater link architecture and comms among joint participants.
- Expert in developing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems.
- Experience leading the planning and execution of complex mission and system analysis efforts.
- Experience leading Systems Engineering (SE) tasks including Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture products for Systems of Systems (SoS), kill chain analysis, SE tradespace and analysis to define capability gaps, Modeling and Simulation activities for mission improvement, and Logistics support of Department of Defense (DoD) systems.
- Experience in supporting technical, managerial or operational fields and have expert credentials or be recognized as an authority and have the mature judgement required to advise senior government personnel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Joint Operations experience, preferably in multiple mission threads.
- Ability to engage with JS and CCMDs to understand current architectures, operational requirements, systems under development, and their integration into existing architectures.
- Systems Engineering experience (especially MBSE), integrating joint systems into a system-of-system.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Experience as chief engineer or lead systems engineer for a major defense acquisition program development effort.
Joint Warfighting Concept for Command and Control (JC-C2) focal point for OUSD Research and & Engineering (R&E), reporting directly to the Chief Engineer (CHENG) of Concept Maturation. Primary liaison between OUSD R&E and JC-C2 concept development efforts. Responsible for developing and presenting read-aheads for R&E seniors prior to attending JCIDS events (JCBs, FCBs, JROC, etc.). Responsible for developing and presenting JC-C2 training materials for use in informing R&E workforce on JC-C2 efforts and alignment with other R&E efforts. Review and prepare recommendations on JCIDS and JWC documents in coordination.