*Position will require regular onsite work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland*
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Some travel is required for this position
Education: BS or BA degree. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An additional five (5) years of Navy supply support or material management experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
At least six (6) years of experience in acquisition logistics support or maintenance engineering, or a Society of Logistics Engineers (SOLE) Logistician certification program as a Demonstrated Master Logistician (DML) plus three (3) years of recent experience in acquisition logistics or maintenance engineering. A minimum of four (4) years of specific experience in technical analysis of logistics acquisition requirements analysis as well as experience demonstrating ability to independently perform Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) studies, analysis, and evaluations in support of DoD weapons systems and equipment, both air vehicle and avionics.
The Senior Logistics Analyst directly supports the Supply Support Logistics Element Manager (LEM).
- Provides subject matter expertise to APMLs, Deputies, PSTLs, and Supportability LEMs.
- Performs various tasks related to the development, operation, evaluation, and improvement of weapon systems supportability or maintainability programs and information systems.
- Works on logistics and maintainability programs and with logistics and maintenance control organizations on issues such as:
- technical evaluation and identification of weapons systems logistics requirements and resources;
- development of logistics support and maintainability programs or plans;
- systems acquisition requirements analysis;
- budgetary or financial analysis and control;
- life cycle cost analysis and control;
- weapons systems hardware and software standardization and compatibility;
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) program test and evaluation planning and execution;
- ILS/R&M program management analysis.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, investigates, researches, or applies logistics, maintenance, acquisition, or financial data and information.
- Develops, modifies, prepares, or validates documentation in relation to automated logistics or maintenance data reporting systems, and management information systems.
Experience or familiarity with closed-loop supply operations.