Must be a U.S. Citizen
Position requires a MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree. These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years to meet the “Experience” requirements below, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
At least ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems. Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise is required.
This position is a Product Manager assigned to Systems Engineering Platform Stores Integration in support the Air to Air (ATA) weapons for F/A-18E/F (PMA-265) as the air-to-air weapon platform integrator. The purpose of this position is to provide a single POC for management of the integration of ATA with the F/A-18C/D, -E/F, EA-18G aircraft systems. The position works across a complex system of system security environment that supports fully informed integration requirements definition, integration activity planning and scheduling, budget projections, and capability delivery. The Product Lead provides technical assistance and coordination across the program engineering team and serves along with the PMA-265 WSI APMSE as the technical focal point for coordination of Platform Integration efforts throughout the program team. Responsibilities include assisting the APMSE & IPT Co-Leads with identifying & developing systems engineering and platform integration requirements, and ensuring these requirements are addressed in the Store Integration Plan (SIP) throughout the program development, integration, and test; managing the Interface Control Working Group (ICWG), developing and updating system interface control documents (ICDs); tailoring & implementing the Airworthiness processes; managing & coordinating with NAVAIR Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Technical Program Office (TPO) and Prime Contractor representatives as required for Store Certification data, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) development, review & approval, and the review & approval of Technical Data Package (TDP) deliverables; provides technical support for the development & platform integration Statement of Work (SOW); conducting Engineering Investigations; providing technical leadership in responding to test and integration deficiencies; and coordinating system safety authorization. This system engineering position duty station is at Patuxent River, MD collocated with PMA-265.
Responsible for conceiving, planning, organizing, and leading weapons and store integration activities. This includes conducting engineering analyses, test and evaluation of weapon systems, related subsystems and components. Projects cover the entire life cycle and acquisition phases from concept development and testing to production and decommissioning. Specifically, this position will require the incumbent to perform the following tasks:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining technical relationships with stakeholders from PMA-265 WSI, OPNAV N98 and N9SP, HQ USMC, NAVAIR Competencies, USAF, aircraft prime contractors, and the weapon prime contractor.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and managing the integration activities required to accomplish the certification of ATA weapons for employment from the F/A-18C/D, F/A-18E/F, EA-18G aircraft.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates activities of functional specialists including contracting, engineering, manufacturing, program control, configuration/data management, test, and logistics.
- Coordinates with IPT to identify, document, prioritize, mitigate and manage ATA aircraft integration risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Responsible for supporting the Air-to-Air Product Roadmap in coordination with program IPTs along with supporting aircraft program plans for Block Upgrades or Increments to align weapon capability with aircraft capability fielding.
- Experience that demonstrates technical savvy to understand and interpret technically related concepts, approaches, and capabilities showing an understanding of system of systems interaction of various components and project their influence on the whole.
- Experience that demonstrates an understanding of program schedules and planning timelines including requirements generation and the inputs required to build a successful program.
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge of how various systems trades will influence the end user experience.
- Experience that demonstrates creating a vision for a capability or product that doesn’t exist today, and extensive planning and staffing necessary to see it come to fruition.